Sure wanna be:
always servicing but never servile, fatherly but still one of the lads…»
Hanging out at our local club or pub has taught us that the coolest person there is always the bartender. Not necessarily cool in a flashy, Cocktail
-style sorta way. No, it's more like: friendly but firm, cheerful but in control, always servicing but never servile, fatherly but still one of the lads
So, there are lots of valid reasons for wanting to be a Bartender. Here's about seven of them:
- If you love hanging out at clubs, but cannot dance, it's cool if you "have" to stay behind the bar.
- If you're not a morning person: it's ok because you work late hours and get to lie in.
- Most often you're pretty much your own boss.
- There's little risk of you still thinking about the job after you've left work.
Intermezzo: you might still be thinking about the people you've met at
work, but probably not about the stress and the pressure of the job itself. That's because – unless you're really bad at pouring drinks and smiling as you do it – there is little stress involved. Even if people have to wait for a bit, they forget about that quite easily if you're well-behaved and keep acting like you care. Ok, let's move on...
- Bartenders have intrinsic sex-appeal. Basically, just by being what you are, you are an instant babe/stud magnet. Don't overdo it.
- You get to meet lots of people. I repeat: lots. If you're still looking for that special someone, you only have to wait for a couple of days at most before you come across someone really awesome. Your natural Bartender Charm will take it from there.
- Working with drunk customers has numerous advantages, most of which you're just gonna have to find out by yourself ;-)
Makes sense eh? Why not take some classes, maybe even a free bartending lesson
, to see if you're cut out for this job.
Bartending schools near you, take a look here: