Sure wanna be:
Flirting for Success
Be a great flirt and the world is your oyster…»
A large part of networking and getting ahead consists of – indeed – flirting. What you really want is for people to notice and like you. Be a great flirt and the world is your oyster
. But keep in mind that flirting is not just what you do with your boyfriend or girlfriend when on a date; it's part of everyday life. It's almost the same thing, but different.
The basics of effective flirting include:
- Smiling: practise fake smiling and gradually turn your smiles into real ones
- Eye contact: make people feel they have your attention
- Be real: don't go overboard, sprinkle compliments around but not just for the sake of it
- Interest: dunno what to say? Ask a question!
Flirtation takes lots of practice, and subtlety. So are you really cut out for this? Can you flirt with people in a pseudo-innocent manner — i.e. limit yourself to asexual coquetry? Surely you don't wanna come over as a trollop or as a Don Juan — if you get my drift. If you can, then here's a couple more pointers for those who think they are up to it…
- Voice: play with your voice, be sensual or cheery
- Mirror: subtly copy the other person's posture and manners
- Radiance: be positive, share your positive thoughts. Keep an "open stance"
- Touch: don't forget to touch a person's arm, almost accidentally
- Tension: don't fear the occasional teasing, but also enjoy compliments
- Enjoy: just have fun while you're at it
Remember that flirting serves a purpose. You're so
gonna be successful. Believe me.
'flirt workshops' near you, take a look here: